Occupation: General Manager
Location: Brisbane, Australia
Education: Not as much as I’d like
Family Life: Married with three wonderful kids
- writing sci-fi
- running in the forest
- reading Winnie-the-Pooh or Dr. Seuss to my kids
- looking up stuff on the internet and trying to wrap my head around it all…
- Dire Straits
- Monte Montgomery
- Billy Joel
- David Bowie
- Elton John
- Bob Dylan
- Maroon Five
- Norah Jones
- Ed Sheeran
Favourite TV Shows
- Battlestar Galactica
- Dr Who (at times)
- Dirk Gently
- Sherlock Holmes/Elementary
- State of Origin (Rugby League)
- The Blacklist
- QI (Quite Interesting)
Top Ten Books
- On the Origin of Species/Descent of Man
- 1984/Animal Farm
- All the Trouble in the World – P J O’Rourke
- The Lucifer Effect
- A Devil’s Chaplain (plus pretty much all of Dawkins books)
- Is God is a Mathematician?
- Cosmos – Carl Sagan
- Riding Rockets
- Sphere (and pretty much anything written by M. Crichton)
- Dracula/Frankenstein/War of the Worlds/I am Legend/Who Goes There? (I love the classic scifi)
OK top ten-ish books… but how could anyone limit themselves to just ten?
Twenty years from now
you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do
than by the ones you did do.
So throw off the bowlines,
sail away from the safe harbor.
Catch the trade winds in your sails.
Explore. Dream. Discover.
The web isn’t the only thing that’s moved on to version 2.0…